Saturday, October 9, 2010

Thank you!

I'm horrible at blogging. I always think about about it, but I've been CRAZY. busy, so, my solution is...I'll do it later. My very good friend Kristen has put me to shame on blogging, so I guess it's time to bite the bullet and keep up with it!

Jon and I just celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary. It's so crazy!! Everything we have been through this past year, and only knowing each other for three years makes it hard to believe we have only been married for ONE year. But it was AWESOME. We really had a great celebration. We went to the lakehouse, had a nice dinner, and sat on the porch drinking some great wine and looked at the stars. Perfect.

Let's see --  getting pregnant, having a miscarriage, three surgeries for me, a new job for Jon, a new job location for me, getting a nephew and a soon to be sister in law, and now deciding to move...needless to say, it's been a CrAzY year.

If I would have known everything I know now  -- three years ago -- when I met this private, very professional businessman fresh off a divorce, I STILL wouldn't change anything. Everything we have been together, the good, the bad, and the UGLY, has not only made me grow, but made me a better person. There is constant laughter in our house. It's mostly us just being stupid, silly, laughing at each other and ourselves. I told my mom a LONG time ago, that I want to marry a guy that when I wake up in the morning, you never know what the day is going to bring. There is always a mystery. You never know what's going to happen. I get that every.single.day with Jon. He and I snuggle in the morning and talk about our day. He is my #1 cheerleader. I talk to him about my Boys & Girls Club stuff and I hear him on the phone with his multi-million dollar clients being the very charismatic salesman he is (he works from home, and so do I in the mornings, so I get to hear these things). I always think, how can my job compare to his?? But, yet everyday when I come home, he wants to hear about my day and the kids I work with. How lucky am I??

So, thank you Jon Maxfield, for loving me unconditionally, being there to dry my tears, laugh with me, and fix my heart. I love you with all my heart and look forward to many more years with you. I know that we are never promised tomorrow, but thank you for yesterday and the day before that. I look forward to tomorrow, if we are given the day.

 If this year has been crazy, I can't wait to see what the next year brings. Thank you for being you and making me a better person inside and out.

No comments: