Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Long over due update!

Things have been crazy in the Maxfield household. The holidays came and went and Jon started a new job working from home at the beginning. I absolutely love having him home in the mornings...except for his occasional grumpiness in the mornings. :)

We had a fabulous Christmas and New Years - mostly celebrated at the lakehouse. We absolutely love that place. A home away from home and so quiet and peaceful!

We celebrated my sweet Momma's birthday on Friday night. She made a big deal of Dad's birthday last year - we all went to Lake Tahoe for his 60th. Due to finances, we all couldn't do that this year. I decided it would be fun to throw a surprise birthday party for her at one of her favorite new stompin' grounds - Urban Crust. All of her work buddies showed up as well as a few other loved ones. Mom was feeling a little sorry for herself, and didn't think we were making a big deal about her birthday - but boy was she surprised!! I'm horrible at keeping secrets, but am getting better! :) I can't believe we pulled it off. The look on her face was priceless!

My mom has become one of my best friends over the years. She knows everything I know. We have always been close, but growing up I told her as much as she needed to know - she was and still does ask a dozen questions about EVERYTHING! Course, that's the way mothers are, I guess! :) She and my Dad will celebrate 40 years of marriage this year... WOW. The funny thing is they still act like they are in high school. They both laugh at the same lame jokes they have been telling for years, :) and both head over heels for each other. Jon and I are so lucky to have both parents married and still in love - growing up with that background and knowing what we wanted when we found each other.

I love you Mom...hope you had a terrific birthday! Thank you for your guidance and your love over all these years.

No comments: